![]() |
| "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14 |
In one beautiful moment, I crossed the mind of God.
He imagined me - my tangly brown hair, my tiny eyebrows, my green eyes, my full lips, my chipped tooth.And He saw me - He saw Harry Potter in my hand, Jane Austen on the table, Lord of the Rings on the television. He saw purple and orange and yellow and everything bright splashed all over the walls. He saw yarn and fabric and glue and glitter and thread littered over the floor. He saw flour all over the cabinets and dishes in the sink because the mess has always been part of the fun. He saw a cup of hot coffee, penguin slippers, and the old blankie I still can't sleep without.
And He heard me... how my voice becomes louder the more excited I get, and how I yell when I feel unheard. He listened to every tear I cried and every laugh that rang out of my mouth even when it was unnecessary. He heard me try, and fail, and try again, to speak in a dozen different languages. He heard me sing, even when I did so horribly…. in the car, in the shower, in the backyard, in my room... basically everywhere I went. He heard all of views and opinions and crazy ideas - all the things I believed in with my whole heart.
And He felt me - my passion that threatens to implode my being if I don't release it occasionally. He felt the emotions that reach so deep within me… all the things I have felt for the noblest reasons and even for no reason at all. He felt my yearning and my longing for adventure - my desire to have my life matter. He felt my dreams, He sensed my hope to touch every corner of the world… to try every food… to always dance when invited to... to meet no stranger. He felt the love I have for creation, the way the air and the sea and the trees and the mountains breathe life into me. He felt me light up when I enter a new culture or explore a place I've never been. He felt my want to know and be loved by people, and to know and to love people.
And He loved me.
For one beautiful moment, I crossed the mind of God. And He saw, heard, and felt every childish, precious, ridiculous, crazy, wonderful thing about me. And He thought: You know what? I think I am going to make her. I think the earth could use a little bit of Emmie.
Smiling, He fashioned me into this very likeness.

No comments:
Post a Comment